Press Release from World Combat Sports Challenge. Apparently the last show had around 4,000 fans in attendance. The Bay Area is apparently a hotbed for this stuff right now.
San Francisco, CA (USA): World Combat Sports Challenge (WCSC), a rising fight promotion based in the Bay Area, is proud to present the first-ever all-female Muay Thai/mixed martial arts event in California history, as“FEMALE FURY II” takes place on Saturday, September 19th at the historic Kezar Pavilion in San Francisco, CA. Many Muay Thai and MMA world championships will be decided on this hybrid fight card, and Doors will open at 5 PM, and the fights will start at 6 PM. The match-ups are still being developed, but several outstanding female fighters have already been signed for the event, including:
- The main event will feature WCSC Muay Thai Bantamweight World Title-holder Jenna Castillo defending her belt
- The WCSC California State MMA Lightweight Championship being contested by Jamie Seaton and a fighter TBD
- Marisella Badillo in a WCSC Muay Thai Flyweight World title defense
- Jade Hayes making her lightweight MMA debut
- Aby Ruloda in a WCSC California State Muay Thai Flyweight belt defense
- Jill Guido fighting for the WCSC United States Muay Thai Bantamweight strap
- Malia Spanyol fighting for the vacant WCSC California State Muay Thai Bantamweight title
- Naline Sar in a battle for the WCSC California State Muay Thai Flyweight belt
- Crowd favorite Amber Pope defending her WCSC California State Muay Thai Lightweight title
WCSC’s last event, “THE AWAKENING,” drew over 4,000 fight fans to Kezar, and featured hot MMA and Muay Thai action. With the success of last year’s “FEMALE FURY I” this event promises to deliver twice the action and excitement, as we introduce women’s MMA to the signature WCSC 5-rope ring. Fight fans of all combat disciplines will be entertained solely by the females this time, as the girls look to make their mark at “FEMALE FURY II.” Known for pioneering fight events in the Muay Thai and MMA industries, such as the first all-female Muay Thai card in“FEMALE FURY I” back in 2008, this next WCSC event will quench the thirst of action fans in the Bay Area.
WCSC Owner/Promoter Mike Espinoza said, “We look forward to this event with great enthusiasm, as it will be the first show of its kind in the state of California, and will showcase the best in women’s combat sports competition. We thank everyone for their support as we launch women’s MMA and Muay Thai into the future.”
World Combat Sports Challenge has been promoting martial arts in the Bay Area for over 20 years. Since its inception, WCSC has staged several exciting events, such as 2008’s “BEST OF THE BAY.” For ticket information regarding the September 19th, 2009 event “FEMALE FURY II,” please visit the World Combat Sports Challenge website at http://www.worldcsc.com/ or Virtual Box Office athttp://www.virtualboxoffice.com/