After rumor after rumor, K-1 has gone ahead and posted the card for the FINAL 16. Some surprises like JLB vs. Musashi, which is actually a better fight for both men than previously mentioned. MMA fans will make note that Alistair Overeem is confirmed for this event, on top of a few other fights he has taken in Europe it really looks more and more like he is simply avoiding the United States and its drug testing policies.
Also in the fan poll Catalin Morosanu, and in an act of K-1ness, Musashi instead got the nod, with their official website even saying it came down to a “decision from the sponsors.” It seems the K-1 initiated “plea” from Musashi was enough to gain the public’s interest and giving him one last shot at glory is the least they could do.
Also note how far out the banner is for this show. Really?
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Badr Hari vs. Zabit Samedov
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Ruslan Karaev vs. KYOTARO
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Semmy Schilt vs. Daniel Ghita
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Ewerton Teixeira vs. Singh “Heart” Jaideep
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Peter Aerts vs. Alistair Overeem
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Remy Bonjasky vs. Melvin Manhoef
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Errol Zimmerman vs. Glaube Feitosa
- Final 16 – 3R Ext. 2R Jerome LeBanner vs. Musashi
- Superfight Taiei Kin vs. Catalin Morosanu